Saturday, January 17, 2009

a Heart mended

I couldn't say it better than my sweet sister (see her blog on side) of the mercies we have recently experienced. My sweet Dad had open heart surgery on Friday. It was so hard to see him after and realize how human my superhero dad was at that time. He looked so broken, but what an outpouring of love came his and our way. I want to thank you all for your prayers and concerns, they were felt.
His surgery went well, they did a Quadruple bypass on his heart. Jen. Matt and Jenica, and I (Scott came after work) went and sat in the waiting room with our loving Mom and played games and kept her company. It was a long surgery and finally got to see him, it was hard to see him, but tonight I went back and he looks so much better, modern medicine is truly amazing! He is up and walking a little, sitting up, and talking. He's almost himself. I am amazed at what the Dr.'s can do. He will be coming home soon because he is doing so well.

7 comments:

Myers Family said...

I was glad to hear that your dad did well with his surgery. Your family was in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

No one should ever have to go through the emotional roller coaster you have experienced, but to know that you had your family right there by your side through it all brings tears of joy to my eyes. I love you guys and am so glad to hear that your dad is doing so well. Please give your mom a HUGE hug from me and tell her how much I love her!! She's a "rock" in my eyes!! Also, give your dad a hug (but be careful about it) from me!!Love you!

Fun times with the Larsen's said...

Hey Stace,

I almost cried when I heard about your dad. I have so many memories with your family. I pray that he will heal fast and feel better. I'm sooooo glad that the surgery went well. I love you and your family. Tell him I said hello. :)

Carrera said...

Matt posted on his facebook and I was so relieved to hear the good news!! I hope he continues to heal well, prayers are amazing! I will keep praying for your family and you will have to keep giving updates :) love ya

Erin said...

My mom was just telling me that she had seen him last week. I called to see if she knew about the surgery and she was shocked! I am so glad that things worked out and that he is doing well. Your dad is such an amazing person! Actually, your whole family is pretty amazing.

The Flint's said...

I'm so glad things went well and that he is doing better. It's hard to watch those we love in situations like that. Love ya tons!!

Williams Ski Team said...

That is great news Stacey! I am so glad that he is doing better. Hope he continues to get well and back to normal.