So I get in the van and turn on the car to go pick up the carpool and make the long trek up to the school, and believe it or not-I turned on the radio and Frosty the Snowman blared back at me!!! I am in major shock!!!(I always am the first time I hear Christmas music for the season) But come on Halloween just ended!!!
What do you think?????????
So I thought, "Well, I guess I better get shoppin!" I dropped the kids off and ran to toys R us for some gift ideas, and the second shock of the day, there was a line to get in the store (they weren't open yet). I am amazed at what I saw today-CRAZY! So my next question is, who is done with their shopping? I usually have 50% done by now, but I don't even know what my kids need or want-they don't know either. I hope to be done by Thanksgiving! AHHH!
6 comments:
Hey Stace. My rule of thumb (and probably a lot of peoples) is I wait until after Thanksgiving and then I will listen to Christmas music.
As far as shopping, I haven't done any. I try to get the big/hard to find stuff done early. (In Oct. and Nov.)Then it seems I am shopping for the rest up until the end - ugh!
Your blog just stressed me out for Christmas shopping! Have a few things but still need to go to stores. I like to get done by the end of Nov. I like to only grocery shop in December...I am with you...Halloween just ended!
I love it! Christmas is the best. I have barely started shopping too. I am waiting for the deals to come along - you would think in the current state of the economy things should go on sale quite a bit, eh?
You know me!! I'm ToTALLY not done!! But I'm starting to get the bug!!
I prefer to not hear Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I am about 50% done with my shopping! I only have my kids left to do but they are easy. I usually don't start on Christmas until after Thanksgiving and this is why. I have the best gift for my mom this year and I hope I keep it in until Christmas. I am dying to give it to her.
Okay so I used to wait till after Thanksgiving.. but I can't help myself. The Christmas music really makes my day and I would rather listen to it and be in a great mood than not.. :) ESPECIALLY when it is snowing outside!!! and with the shopping.. I like to try and get the extended family done first so I dont have to worry about them.. then AJ.. cause if I buy to early for him I keep buying things and then I spend to much! But I would say I am about 60% done..
Post a Comment